Saturday, April 16, 2011

Livin' the dream

At the Small Press Alternative Comics Expo I got to meet a lot of cool people, including G2 comics, an indy publisher from MO. We got to talking and before I knew it, I was asked to come on board and create promotional prints and comic book covers for G2's many awesome titles, specifically their new comic Raptor Sniper. I drew up a print of the titular dinosaur character and now I'm officially a freelance artist for G2 comics, making this my first professional illustration gig!

Without further stalling, here's the pencilling for the Raptor Sniper print



The full-color limited edition print is now officially on sale at the G2 comics website.
You can also buy the original Raptor Sniper comic in print or digital format. Keep an eye out for new limited edition prints for sale on the 15th and 30th of every month.

It feels so surreal to see my work up for sale for real on a website, and I may never get used to it. Anyway, a very special shout-out to Eric and Dan of G2 comics for allowing me to achieve my dream of drawing cool stuff for money!


E.T.

2 comments:

  1. Evan,

    I hope your are busy at work making more of those drawings you blew us all away with for your Independent Assignment. You need to get those up on this site!

    It is kind of last minute I know, but I could really use a digital image of a couple of those pieces today. I really liked the first one you showed us of the gory hospital scene and the one where the smoking guy has a bunch of ideas hanging over his head.

    Sorry to drop this on you at the last minute, but I have an interview tomorrow and a little bit of your work would go a long way in rounding out my teaching portfolio.

    Thanks a whole bunch. Keep making art, no matter what.

    Taimur

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... if you told me this was a sneak peek of a revival comic for Dinosaucers... I would totally believe you, and I mean that in the BEST way possible... I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete